A buyer brings along own agent

QUESTION: Sir John, I am an interested condo buyer. I went to the condo site with a friend who is an unlicensed real estate agent. The developer's in-house agent toured me around the condo. When I bought it, will the developer pay the commission to my friend?

ANSWER: No. The Developer will pay the commission to the in-house agent, not a single centavo to your friend.

If you want your friend to be the one to be entitled to the commission, she has to meet the developer's requirements PRIOR to your first contact with the developer. Below are the requirements:

1. Her license and Registration as Real Estate Agent (from PRC)
2. Her accreditation with that particular Developer
3. Her properly completed Buyer Registration Form

No comments: