1/15/2013

Expat asks how to detect colorum (crook) agent

QUESTION: Rltr. John, I am an expat in Philippines. I have been approached by several real estate agents selling condominiums; and there is too many of them. How would I know if an agent is legitimate? As a consumer advocate, what advise can you give to me?

ANSWER: When someone hands out a project promotion flier to you, don’t be rude, just get it and say that you will take a look at it at your most convenient time. These fliers normally have contact information written or stamped at the back. The safety mechanism is very simple — if you are interested with the project after you review their fliers or website, deal only at initial contact with real estate agents (brokers or Salespersons) who are licensed in Professional Regulations Commission (PRC and registered in Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (HLURB). Legitimate agents always follow the procedure to indicate their license numbers in their advertisements, fliers, and websites. You can check their license numbers in the PRC or HLURB website.


By the way, please allow me to watch your back. It would interest you to read my blog titled Lease-Back Buy-Back Anomaly and all the other Anomalies Scams Schemes Fraud in real estate Philippines.


If there is anything else important that I forgot to include in this article, or if you experienced a real estate transaction that is anomalous, scam, fraudulent scheme that you want me to document and expose for others to be warned, or if you want to donate to the war chest of real estate consumer rights advocacy, please feel free to email me at JohnPetalcorin@Gmail.Com. If you want to comment about this article, there is a provision for this purpose that you can find below.
Thank you so much for visiting my site. May God Bless You!

No comments: