5/28/2013

Anomaly: One man Appraiser and Broker of same property

IS IT RIGHT FOR AN APPRAISER TO BE THE BROKER OF THE SAME PROPERTY?

QUESTION: Rltr John, I am selling my property. I got the service of an Appraiser and he says he can also be the Broker of the same property. There seems to be something wrong about it, I just can't explain. Can you help me?

ANSWER: It is damn straight WRONG to be the Appraiser and Broker of the same property. Appraiser is supposed to be impartial and objective. On the other hand, the Broker OBEYS and REPRESENTS THE INTEREST of the client. In your case, the Seller (owner of the property) is the client of the Broker, whose interest is ALWAYS to MAXIMIZE MAXIMIZE MAXIMIZE and MAXIMIZE the asking price. As an Appraiser, how could he not obey you if he is also the Broker?

If you happen to deal with me, I would assume that that Appraiser's price is higher that what it should be. Hence, I will surely trash that Appraisal Report and have it done AGAIN by someone else other than that guy.


If there is anything else important that I forgot to include in this article, or if you experienced a real estate transaction that is anomalous, scam, fraudulent scheme that you want me to document and expose for others to be warned, or if you want to donate to the war chest of real estate consumer rights advocacy, please feel free to email me at JohnPetalcorin@Gmail.Com. If you want to comment about this article, there is a provision for this purpose that you can find below.
Thank you so much for visiting my site. May God Bless You!

No comments: