5/25/2013

2nd Hand versus Brand New

QUESTION: Rltr. John, I am an investor. How would you answer a question on which is better, a brand new or 2nd hand condominium unit? What is the formula for computing Return of Investment (ROI) of Real Estate?

ANSWER: I will answer that from the point of view that you are an INVESTOR because that is the only information about yourself that you revealed. In my opinion I would always choose a 2nd hand compared to the brand new. I don't know what's ahead of me in terms of Tenancy Rate, Ownership Costs, and ROI in brand new condos because these information belongs to the future. How can I make intelligent investment decision if I don't have these basic information? Don't talk to me about "location", I will go for it if the ROI is certain wherever that real estate investment is. I can be certain about these vital information in 2nd hand units. I would always choose a 2nd hand unit that is currently tenanted so I can get the accurate ROI.

COMPUTING ROI

The formula of computing ROI is simple.

ROI = [(Monthly Rent x 12) - (Leasing and Ownership Cost) ] / [Market Value of the Property] x [100]





If there is anything else important that I forgot to include in this article, or if you experienced a real estate transaction that is anomalous, scam, fraudulent scheme that you want me to document and expose for others to be warned, or if you want to donate to the war chest of real estate consumer rights advocacy, please feel free to email me at JohnPetalcorin@Gmail.Com. If you want to comment about this article, there is a provision for this purpose that you can find below.
Thank you so much for visiting my site. May God Bless You!

No comments: