Transferring a Salesperson

QUESTION: Rltr John, I am a Broker. My Salesperson created a friction with the relative of the owners of the Developer. As a result, she can no longer work well with the Developer. Should I terminate her license for a cause?

ANSWER: Salespersons are somewhat jointly supervised by the Broker and the Developer. People are social beings, meaning, it is inevitable that we interact with other human beings. It happens all the time that Salespersons would run into conflict or even romantic intimacy with someone in the Developer side specially if there is a personality mismatch or match between the Salesperson and whoever she works directly in the company of the Developer. There is no need to terminate her license. Do not do unto others what you don't want others to do to you. Instead, PROTECT her means of livelihood and help her to finally get out of that conflict zone. All you need to do is transfer her to another Developer. It is a big world out there and there are a lot of Developers out there who would take her -- all you need to do is write a letter to the current developer to terminate her accreditation (without prejudice to commissions that may be due to her on hold-over clause) and then write an endorsement letter to the new developer where you want her to transfer to. Understand also that Developers don't like fall-outs of their sales force, so try your best to assign a replacement Salesperson.

If there is anything else important that I forgot to include in this article, or if you experienced a real estate transaction that is anomalous, scam, fraudulent scheme that you want me to document and expose for others to be warned, or if you want to donate to the war chest of real estate consumer rights advocacy, please feel free to email me at JohnPetalcorin@Gmail.Com. If you want to comment about this article, there is a provision for this purpose that you can find below.
Thank you so much for visiting my site. May God Bless You!


Anonymous said...

Sir, ano ba ang power ng signature ng isang licensed real estate broker? Maaari ba na ang mga transactions na gaya ng contract to sell, deed of sale, ay magiging legit lamang kung may signature ng licensed broker? Sana, dumating ang time na kahit hindi notarized ng lawyer ang isang document like deed of absolute sale ay valid pa rin basta may signature ng real estate broker?

Rltr. John R. Petalcorin said...

Dapat may pirma ng Real Estate Broker and Notary Lawyer. Ang pirma ng Broker ang mag guarantee na dumaan sa due-diligence ang transaction. Ang pirma ng Notaryo naman ang mag guarantee na naka-file sa court ang document.